Thursday, September 5, 2019

Gratitude

In the fast moving life we often forget to say Thanks to those who have always been with us, through thick and thin. Being taken for granted has become an integral part of the lifestyle.

When my 4 yr old came home a few days back, she was continuously singing something in very low voice. On hearing properly it was a song they were taught in school " Thank you", though I still don't know the exact wordings, it goes on the lines where everyone around is thanked for all the things they do for us. The nature, the people and God!

Another instance is when I share something with her, she without fail says "Aai, Thank you! You shared with me", and does not forget to remind me to say Thanks when she does something for me. Such innocence, all of us have it in there somewhere. a simple Thank You lightens up her whole being in way that I cannot express it in words. It really doesn't take much to say a simple small Thank You, does it? . The impact it has though..... is enormous!

There are so many people who affect us directly or indirectly, and sometimes life offers just one chance for us to tell them how much they have shaped us to be what we are today.

As I ponder on all the people I have met, some long lost in the whirlwind of life and others who stuck by me, no matter how hard I tried to distance myself, there are so many of them to whom I never got a chance to say thank you. Many still whom I won't be able to say it again as I really haven't been in touch with them for years now.  So today, as I begin this journey of writing again, I wish to start it by being grateful to all those who have been a part of my life in some capacity or the other, for a very short time or for years on end.

Thank You for helping me find myself,
For helping me realize how strong I really am,
For being patient enough to stick around when I was being totally impossible,
For letting me be Me!

Two simple words, don't cost a dime, nor do they take too much of your time, so why not continue the coming days by expressing the gratitude before it's too late!!

2 comments: