Friday, September 20, 2019

Three is Crowd!!

A  relationship is always between two individuals first! What happens with others around the family, other friends, other relations is later just an extension of it.

I remember I always had a very easy going relationship with my dad for most of the good times I remember.
Even today the thing that I miss about dad is the care with which he looked after us when we were sick. He was never the one to sit at bedside on the hospital bed, but rather he preferred making life more comfortable for the person feeling sick. 
He was my go to person for anything I wanted.. McD's burgers with extra mayo were always delivered to my hostel when I was staying there. He made sure to visit me whenever he was in that part of the town and took me just to have them!! Once my brand new phone was stolen at a shop and in tears I called baba and his reaction was "Oh that's it?? I thought it was something serious." and within that hour he was near my hostel, leaving all the work.

It's memories like these that make me wonder, what went wrong! There was a time when he was my everything and then suddenly there was this huge gap between us that somehow I felt could never be filled. Luckily it did before it got too late! I did go to him, slept on his lap, had a laugh with him and etched few of the happiest memories with him, before he passed! 

Thinking back to the time when the cracks started appearing, I realize that I was trying hard to feel accepted by someone else, and hence developed this superficial hatred for my Dad!! I stopped respecting him, I stopped talking to him, hell I even stopped being in the same room as him!! So much for a tiny acceptance! 

Well I still am unsure if I ever got accepted , but what I do know is I let someone else guide the rules of my relationship with him and that probably is my only regret till date!

But that regret, that thing taught me an important lesson "Do not let the strings of one relationship be in the hands of a third person" No matter how close the others are to you or your situation, only the TWO involved can find a solution.

Communicate, throw a tantrum if you feel the need to, but get it sorted between you two. The moment a third person enters the equation, trust me it is headed to be doomed!!

Rightly said "Two is a company, the third is always a crowd!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment