Friday, September 13, 2019

There is a Choice... Always!!!

Lemons Received, Lemonade consumed in oodles and then what?? Well life continued...

I remember a time when I was wary of meeting new people. I could always see a Red Flag floating over their heads and used to find excuses of not mixing with them.

And what excuses they were!! In Professor Snape's world, "the person was breathing loud" would have been a reason enough to punish someone.. Well I guess I was projecting my inner Snape!

It was around the time when I was completing my bachelor's (trying to complete is more like it) that I met some amazing people who helped me get out of the shell. It was a slow process but then finally I could open up to a selected few people and be myself, comfortable enough to let go of the fears!

I remember one particular incidence much better than the others, as it was one of those which left me with a life long friend. After a long tiring day filled with lectures and practicals and what nots of the college life, I was leaving with the intention of just getting back to my room and relaxing, doing absolutely nothing. Suddenly I started chatting with this guy, whom I had interacted with very few times and man did we click!! All the plans of a quiet, lonely evening were dumped and we went to have some food, what better way to connect other than over a nice plate of food!! So we got talking and though I don't remember exactly what all we spoke about, all I recollect is the feeling of belonging that I felt at the end of those few hours that we spoke for!

And that was the last we spoke in person for quite a few years! Distance couldn't separate us, neither could the loss of contact for sometime. Even today no matter after how many days or months or years we talk, it feels as if we never stopped.

For someone who was dead set on being on my own, finding someone who could understand me and let me be Me was a huge thing. and trusting him was like next level of insanity! I didn't even begin to trust my now husband so quickly, and he was  around the whole time!!



It's memories and instances like this that still make me believe in human connections. We need to let go, take the risk, trust someone, have faith in the power above. 

Being in the shell is all good, and fear of being hurt is also understandable, but getting out, taking the risk is what might make the life all better and you never know who you end up meeting. It could change your life for the better!

Living life is not a big deal, everyone does, its a natural process! Whether to just Drift along or to live it with happiness, surrounded by people who care and memories that help you get up once again, is our choice!

Always....

No comments:

Post a Comment